One of the many ways to describe , therapists, and counselors have been though the jungle many times. It is always the same, and it is always different. While all trips have certain things in common, each trip is as unique as the people taking it. what happens during a divorce is to compare it to a voyage through a jungle. Attorneys
The basic structure of the Roadmap was designed in 1991. Its primary purpose is to communicate with the client, in the way s/he prefers, in order to provide the information necessary to “vaccinate” the client against being dragged into the judicial process by accident.
The Roadmap Consultation has now been provided to more than 2,000 Santa Barbara clients. Because it is a unique legal service, everyone is asked at the conclusion of the meeting, “Was this worth your time and your money?” With two exceptions, everyone has said that the session was worthwhile – and most say it with enthusiasm.
In addition to the metaphorical “vaccination,” you, as the client, receive the following:
• It will keep you from getting caught up in the court system by accident.
• You will be provided with a legal analysis and legal information specifically ‘tailored’ to you and your case.
• Together we’ll identify all the various choices you have for managing your case. We'll talk about what you could do yourself, and whether the case is a candidate for mediation or collaborative law.
• If you decide to engage a lawyer, we will talk about how different lawyers approach a case and which of the 50+ divorce lawyers in Santa Barbara are likely to be a good fit for you.
• A discussion about the way you make decisions, including the values and beliefs that you refer to when making a major decision. If you make good decisions, you will learn how to make more of them; if you make some poor decisions, you will learn how to better increase your chances of success in the future.
• Your personalized Roadmap. Your Roadmap may be complex with lots of turns to navigate, it may be a straight line that’s easy to follow, or it indicate, “Stay parked!”
The terms for the Legal Roadmap consultation are:
It’s a single, self-contained meeting. It lasts for up to three hours. The flat fee is $480. Three hours of expert advice for the cost of 1.5 hours of traditional legal representation.
Everything you say is and remains confidential and privileged.
The session is self-contained. This means that the attorney-client relationship does not continue after the conclusion of our meeting. This is the way you are assured that the consultation itself cannot lead to entanglement with the legal system.
I don’t follow the case, represent you or advocate for you. I don’t give advice after the session is over.
As long as I have time available, you are welcome to schedule another three-hour session under the same terms and for the same fee.